Airport Transfers Terms & Conditions
In making a booking you confirm you have read and accept these terms of business and information on our website and have the legal capacity and authority to accept these terms of business on behalf of yourself and all members of your party. This means that you are responsible for making all payments due, notifying us if any changes or cancellations are required, receiving the confirmation and keeping your party informed.
In this document the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings: “Spitting Feathers Transfers” will refer to the company SARL Squires SIRET: Nº. 49224507100021; “Client” shall be the person that makes the booking for themselves or on behalf of other persons; “Party” shall refer to all persons travelling under one single booking; “Passenger” shall refer to a person within a party; “Operator/Supplier” shall refer to an enterprise that provides transport services via the use of their own vehicles.
- Once we receive your booking request form and payment, we will send you e-mail confirmation of your booking. The date of the contract is the date that appears on the confirmation e-mail.
- Where two or more passengers are included on the same booking, the Client purchasing the booking shall be deemed to do so on the basis that he/she acts as an agent for both or all members of the Party and accepts these booking conditions on behalf of each member of the Party.
- You must check the details on the confirmation email as soon as you receive it. Please notify us of any errors immediately as it may not be possible to make changes later.
- The confirmation email is your ticket. Please print a copy or have a PDF copy on your phone to bring with you when you travel. In the case of missed flights or flight delays forcing you to miss your transfer, Spitting Feathers Transfers will endeavour to meet your new requirements at no additional cost. Where this is not possible, we will ask you to fill in a declaration for your travel insurance for the cost of your new transfer. The extra charge can and may be waived or reduced at the discretion of Spitting Feathers Transfers.
- Where Spitting Feathers Transfers book for travel on services provided by operators other than Spitting Feathers Transfers we do so as agents for the operator concerned whose own conditions of carriage will apply and our liability will be confined to travel on our own services.
- The destination and pick-up addresses you have supplied to Spitting Feathers Transfers are the addresses to which you will be delivered and collected. Should you wish to change these or any other details, this must be done by email directly with Spitting Feathers Transfers at least two days prior to the date of travel.
- If you request any change to the pick up or drop off location, flight details or number of passengers and this generates an additional charge (for example, if there are extra members of your party or the flight time changes), you will have to pay the additional cost at the time of making the change. No administration fee will be charged.
- If the change reduces the fare a refund will be offered, subject to a reasonable administration fee, as long as these changes are made at least 48 hours in advance of travel.
- A 75€ deposit is required at the time of booking unless an alternative arrangement has been made with Spitting Feathers Transfers. Upon receipt of the deposit Spitting Feathers Transfers will produce written confirmation of the details regarding the booking by email. The balance payment is due 21 days before travel. For refunds following cancellation by the client please see below
- The deposit is strictly non-refundable except in circumstances where Spitting Feathers Transfers, due to causes beyond its control, cancels or, at its absolute discretion, agrees to cancel the booking.
- Night Rates: For transfers requiring a driver to work between midnight and 6am there is a 45.00 euro supplement per vehicle which may be waived at the company’s discretion
- Clients are entitled to cancel the booking by email.
- If the Client cancels by email 21 or more days before their first travel date, Spitting Feathers transfers will refund the full amount if already received of the Client’s booking less a 75 euros admin and banking charge (ie the deposit)
If the Client cancels by email less than 21 but more than 7 full days before their first travel date, Spitting Feathers will refund the full amount of the booking less 30%
If the client cancels with less than 7 days notice before the first travel date this will not give rise to a refund. The Client will receive an email confirming the cancellation.
- Requests to cancel your booking must be sent to us by email with a read receipt and will not take effect until received/opened by us. If the service does not meet your expectations, and you wish to apply for a refund for any other reason, please contact us using details below.
- In the case of cancelled or missed flights or flight delays forcing you to miss your transfer. Spitting Feathers transfers will endeavour to meet your new requirements at no additional cost. Where this is not possible, they will ask you to fill in a declaration for your travel insurance for the cost of your new transfer for which you will be charged. Any extra charge can and may be waived or reduced at the company’s discretion.
- All communication between us and the client will be by e-mail, so we strongly recommend you read your e-mail prior to commencing your trip as any anticipated changes or cancellations with regard to your contract shall be notified to you at the e-mail address provided in your service booking request. We may also e-mail you with other information that you may find useful.
- It is your responsibility to provide us with your current e-mail address and mobile telephone number and inform us of any changes. It is essential that you provide us with a mobile telephone number on which we can contact you during your trip in the unlikely event that we urgently need to contact you about your booking.
- Our postal address is: SARL Squires, Spitting Feathers, Plagne Bellecote, 73210 Macot La Plagne, France (+33) 679524959, email: email@example.com; website:spitting-feathers.com.
- It is your responsibility to check the date, time and location on your confirmation email from us for the pick-up and drop off details of your transport service. You must ensure that the arrival time at the departure airport allows you to arrive before the check-in desk opens (not closes) and under no circumstances less than two hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time.
- In the event that access via the conventional route is closed due to weather conditions or the like, and you wish to be transported to your point of destination via a longer route, you shall be liable for any additional costs which are payable.All vehicles are insured in compliance with local law.
- You must tell us if minors are included on your service booking request. You are obliged to use the child car seats provided, but we encourage you to bring your own for your children, as standards vary in different countries.
- Should you fail to notify us that minors are in your party, your transport service shall be subject to availability of suitable child seats in the vehicle. In the event there are no child seats available, the price of the service shall not be refunded and there is no liability or responsibility to you for the provision of transportation services.
- If you fail to be at the pick-up point within 20 minutes of the time specified on your booking Spitting Feathers Transfers will try to contact you via the mobile telephone number you have provided. If it is not possible to speak to you by reason of no or poor connection, no signal, the voice mail is on or the call is unanswered, the transfer service will not be provided and we are not obliged to provide you with the service and a refund will not be made.
- Customers are limited to two items of luggage (one usual holiday luggage bag and hand luggage bag), and a ski or snowboard bag. Ski and snowboard bags should be declared at the time of booking in order to assist Spitting Feathers Transfers with the provision of adequate luggage space. Any luggage in excess of the above must also be declared at the time of booking. In the event of a client having excess luggage, Spitting Feathers Transfers reserves the right to charge an excess baggage allowance, or refuse to transport the items or to transport them externally via a roof rack.
- Your baggage must not contain prohibited articles including: hazardous materials; animals; firearms; perishable objects or fragile items.
- We recommend that you do not transport fragile or valuable objects such as jewellery, money, precious metals, items of silverware, cheques or other negotiable securities, documents, passports and other ID documents, samples, etc. in your baggage.
- Your baggage is your responsibility and is carried at your own risk. We are not responsible for loss or damages to the baggage. We recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance to cover loss or damage.
- Baggage left on board the vehicle shall be sent to the address given to us by you in the service booking request and you shall pay any additional charges.
- Unfortunately we can not carry pets or animals.
7 Right of admittance
- Spitting Feathers Transfers reserves the right (and delegates to its drivers the right) to refuse to carry any passenger who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behaviour is considered to pose a threat to the driver, the vehicle or the other passenger(s).
- Any person using threatening or abusive language or behaviour to a driver or passenger will be asked to leave the vehicle immediately regardless of where it is or the time of day.
- Passengers who soil the interior of a vehicle will be liable to pay a cleaning charge of a minimum of 50 euros. This charge is payable immediately to the Spitting Feathers Transfers driver. Spitting Feathers Transfers will produce a receipt for this transaction. If payment cannot, or will not, be made Spitting Feathers Transfers will cancel any outstanding transfer(s) for the passenger(s) concerned with no refund given and take legal action against the passenger(s) concerned to recover the cost of cleaning the vehicle including any legal fees Spitting Feathers Transfers incur.
- Parents, or minders (or friends over 18 years) of children and adolescents under the age of 18 years, are responsible for the conduct of these minors while in the Spitting Feathers Transfers vehicles, and will be held responsible for any damage caused by the aforementioned minors.
- Passengers are not allowed to take onto our vehicles any alcoholic drinks for the purpose of consuming them, or to drink such drinks on our vehicles.
- The consuming of food is not permitted on any Spitting Feathers Transfers’ vehicle and neither is smoking.
8 Our liability
- Spitting Feathers Transfers will use every reasonable means to ensure that the transfer vehicle arrives on time to begin the period of hire and that it reaches its destination on time. Spitting Feathers Transfers will not incur any liability whatsoever in the event of any delay due to causes beyond its control.
- Vehicles are fully insured for passenger and third party claims, as required under French law. However, whilst every care is always taken, clients property is carried entirely at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage. Customers are therefore advised to check their own travel insurance.
- Spitting Feathers Transfers will endeavour to carry passengers with the minimum discomfort and inconvenience to his/her destination shown on the confirmation document. However, circumstances beyond our control may prevent the achievement of this responsibility and do not give rise to any liability for compensation. The following are examples of circumstances which are not within our control: accidents causing delays to the vehicle, breakdowns, exceptional or severe weather conditions, compliance with requests of the police, deaths and accidents on the road, vandalism and terrorism, unforeseen traffic delays, industrial action by third parties, problems caused by other customers, the vehicle being held or delayed by a police officer or government official, or other circumstances affecting passenger safety.
- If Spitting Feathers Transfers, fails for any reason within our control, to deliver its passengers to their confirmed destination, Spitting Feathers Transfers will provide suitable transport such as another coach, train, private car, taxi etc. Any reimbursement made by Spitting Feathers Transfers for the costs of an alternative means of transport incurred by the passenger to get to their booked destination shall be no more than the cost of getting to that destination by taxi.
- Delayed Flights: clients must understand that in the event of flight delays exceeding 90 minutes, there will be a charge, after 90 minutes, of 25 euros per hour (not pro-rataed). If the driver is aware of the new arrival time for the delayed flight before leaving a resort to go to the arrival airport in question, the driver may be able to leave according to the new arrival time and in this case no supplement would be charged. Should delays exceed 3 hours and the driver be unable to fulfil the rescheduled commitment, see cancellation clause.
- Clients are asked to do their best to keep Spitting Feathers Transfers informed about all possible delays to their flight(s).
- Delayed trains: in the case of train transfers Spitting Feathers Transfers can only guarantee to wait for 30 minutes after the expected train arrival time. If a train is delayed beyond this time, the driver may not be able to wait due to other commitments and the client will be offered a refund less an admin charge of 25 euros. If the driver is able to wait beyond 30 minutes Spitting Feathers Transfers can, at its discretion, make a waiting charge of 25 euros per hour (or part there-of).
- The Customer acknowledges and expressly declares that it renounces all claims regarding any possible direct or indirect damages that may result because of interruption of service.
9 Wheelchairs and scooters
- You must inform us if you will be bringing a wheelchair or scooter when you complete your booking request. Please specify if it is folding, manual or include a battery and/or motor so that the appropriate service is provided for your transfer
10 Your responsibility
- You are solely responsible for carrying the necessary documentation for frontier crossing. Neither we nor any Supplier are responsible for any losses caused by your failure to carry these documents or for failure to observe customs, police, tax authorities or administrative rules of those countries where entry is required. The voucher is not a valid document to obtain entry visas.
- You agree to indemnify and reimburse us for any deposit, fine or payment that we have to pay the authorities through your failure to observe the laws, regulations, etc. or other travel requirements of those countries which you intend to enter or leave or pass through. In this event, we shall have the right to retain any amounts belonging to you until you have made payment to us in full.
- When you access our website you do so in an anonymous manner and are not registered for any on-line service.
- You remain anonymous while you are carrying out a search for offers or reading general information contained on the website, and are not registered for any on-line service.
- For the purpose of providing you with an on-line specific product or service, we may ask you to voluntarily provide personal details, including your e-mail address, website registration, carrying out purchases or taking part in on-line surveys. This will enable us to efficiently provide you with a product or service, including the tracking or the provision of offers of products and services which may interest you.
- In accessing our website you authorise us to use the information provided to us for the purpose of, for example, providing you with a service, ensuring correct billing, measuring consumer interest in our different services and informing you about our other products and/or services. We retain the personal details captured in automated files which we safeguard. These records are declared to the Data Protection Agency. If you provide us with your e-mail address, or you have done so in the past, we can send offers to that address. These offers may be based on the information provided to us in the initial operation, in surveys, from information that may specify purchase preferences and lifestyle as well as information available from authorised external sources such as Suppliers and marketing companies. These e-mail offers come directly from us.
- We provide you with an easy way of rejecting e-mail offers. You may choose not to receive these offers at any time by clicking on the appropriate place on the commercial correspondence you receive. All e-mail offers you receive from us will tell you how to prevent future offers being sent by e-mail. Moreover, you may set or change your online e-mail preferences at any time.
- We hereby undertake that to the best of our knowledge we will not contract, provide services to or send offers to minors.
- In turn, minors must not register for any service featured on our websites they are browsing or access our websites. We likewise remind their legal representatives or guardians of their duty of vigilance with regard to minors. The legal guardian must immediately notify us if they become aware that a minor has registered for any kind of service using our website to enable us to cancel the corresponding registration
- We shall provide you with the personal details that we hold whenever requested in accordance with the current legislation. If you believe that the information we have concerning you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us.
- Spitting Feathers Transfers shall only be liable for any reasonable and foreseeable consequential losses arising directly out of a breach in contract. Nothing can affect the consumers’ statutory rights.
- Spitting Feathers Transfers’ Terms and conditions are governed by French Law. Any dispute between Spitting Feathers Transfers and a third party, if not resolved by mutual agreement shall be referred to a mediator. However, if mediation is unsuccessful, then the matter of the dispute will be referred to a formal litigation process through the French courts.